In 2010 the Virtual Biotechnology Center (NCB), established in 2005 by the Higher Council for Science and Technology, was integrated as a program in a newly established center “The National Center for Research and Development” (NCRD). Since its establishment, the program has promoted and accelerated the pace of development of biotechnology in the country. Through several R&D projects, the program has made significant achievements in the growth and application of biotechnology in the broad areas of agriculture, health care, animal sciences, environment, and industry.
The impact of the biotechnology related developments in agriculture, health care, environment and industry, has already been visible and the efforts are now culminating into products and processes. About 22 research projects have been funded through the program
R&D Projects / Network
- Production of Organic Cactus Soap: penetrating the local market using locally produced organic cactus soap.
- The effect of using Nano- clay minerals in broiler rations on their growth performance, GI tract, blood chemistry and hematology and immunology.
- Embryo transfer of shami goats to local baladi goats.
- Cactus (Opuntiaficus-indica) Cultivation Under the Orgain Framing System in the Jordan Badia
- Social, Ecological and Agricultural Resilience in the face of climate change in the Mediterranean Region (SEARCH).
- Effect of the nano-water on growth performance, antibodies titers and some physiological Parameters of Broiler chickens.
- Introduction and domestication of new crop in Jordan (Argan).
- Hybridoma-free immortalization of B-Lymphocyres.
- Introducing genetically improved cattle Embryos through Transferring Technology to Jordan.
- Isolation of β-D- galactosidase-producing microorganisms from dairy products (whey).
- Pilot Study for the vitro evaluation of antimicrobial activity of Varthemia Iphionoides Boiss (Family Compositae) crude extracts in treatment of topical skin bacterial and fungal infections).
- Recombinant human interferon-gamma: purification and in vitro activity.
- Separation of polyphenols from olive oil mills wastewater.
- The characterization of novel monoclonal antibodies generated against human breast cancer and T cell leukemia.
- Formulation and Evaluation of pharmaceuticals containing photosensitizes as novel antimicrobial agents.
- Development of a simple and compliant method for the measurement of vitamin B12.
- Derivation of Saccharomyces cerevisiae baker’s yeast mutants with lysine overproduction properties.
- Drought resistant palm trees.
- Expression of bioactive human interferon-gamma in transgenic tobacco plant.
- Factor affecting in vitro propagation, seed germination and cutting production of Capparis Spinoza grown in Jordan.
- H5N1 Test.
- Induction of genetic mutation in Akub (Gundeia Tournefortii) from Jordan.
- Isolation and Molecular Identification of Infectious Bronchitis Virus serotypes from commercial chickens in Jordan.
- Preliminary survey of food contamination by mycotoxins in Jordan.
- Testing for the secretion of heavy chain antibodies in urine of Arabian camels after immunization.
- The effect of Jordanian Hawthorn plant Crataegus on the lipid profile in rabbits.
- Possibility of baker yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae with higher nutritional value.
- Eng. Mohammed AL-Faqieh.
- Telephone : +962 6 5335284 – Ext.106
- FAX : +962 6 5355680
- P. O. Box (902) Al-Jubaiha 11941 Amman Jordan
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org